If you have a tooth that is too severely damaged for a filling to adequately repair, we may suggest a dental crown. A dental crown, which is sometimes referred to as a cap, can serve several functions. At Findlay Dental Group, we may recommend a crown to perform both restorative and esthetic purposes, which can include:
- Covering a structurally compromised tooth
- Correcting a damaged or oddly shaped tooth
- Completing a dental implant
- Serving as an anchor for a dental bridge
- Improving the appearance of a stained or darkened tooth
- Protecting a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy
Our friendly dentists will be happy to help you learn how to properly care for your crowns.
Aside from restoring your smile to its ideal comfort and functionality, dental crowns can also be extremely useful for cosmetic purposes. Each crown is made to match the shape, tone, and color of your natural teeth to provide you with optimal esthetic results. If you have any questions about the benefits of a dental crown in Findlay, Ohio, we invite you to contact us today. Dr. Lewis, along with the rest of our team, are excited to offer you the care you deserve.